Friday 16 November 2012

December 30th, 1996

Monday

Came around (I never 'wake up' during a binge) feeling rather dodgy which irony of iront, thought of a doctors appointment did ittle to help ease my pains. Still I did drink a litre of strong cider before I went in at 4pm. I simply cannot face that woman straight. Luckily I did too because I was in with her for just over half hour just shooting the shit about life in general. (City folks won't understand this with their 5 minute and out doctors sessions.) I got the desired pills! Nitrazepam (Mogadon) 10mg in liquid cosh form and 5mg Valium yum yum. Not only 10 and 5 mg I hasten to add! Those are just the strength of medication im on, I have a prescription for a week. Very very happy. Bead bloody chuffed. Although I won't abuse them to the point of having none left before my next appointment.
This now means that the pangs of alcohol withdrawal will be softer on my body and soul. I even gave the cosh and tablets to Mum to keep safe. Stu and I went down to Gonks house for the evening. Went back to half a bottle of vodka in Pen Y Mynydd and slept sound! I did feel rather low but now of course I feel fantastic. In the morning I will be low agian but this is why my prescription is a good thing. A cushion to fall back on after a binge but of course this is not what the medication is for haha!


Actual page from my diary
Photobucket